Start date – As Soon As Possible
We are looking to appoint a Pastoral Assistant, to deal with attendance, behavioural, pastoral and welfare issues. This supports the development of a whole school approach to overcome obstacles to learning and improve pupil participation in learning and whole school life.
- This is a part-time role based at Heartsease Primary Academy.
- The post is 32.5hrs per week, term-time + 1 week, on a permanent basis
- Salary Scale E – point 9 – 11, £15,368.31 to £16,299.29 per annum, pro rata (£20,916.87 to £22,190.71 FTE) – dependant on qualifications, skills and experience.
We are looking for a passionate and proactive individual who is committed to helping our pupils succeed.
- Promote positive behaviour throughout the school and support children to take responsibility for their behaviour and choices.
- Be responsible for First Aid and medical provision.
- Assist in the recording & monitoring of pupil behaviours and development needs
- Undertake first day calling for absent students
- Maintain pupil records
- Provide information to the Headteacher/teachers as appropriate, to enable them to carry out their role
- Be responsible for health and safety of self and others and adhere to the school health and safety policy and procedures
- Undertake any other reasonable duties, as requested by the Headteacher
- Undertake First Aid duties, ideally holding both 2 day Paediatric and 3 day at Work training certification, or be willing to undertake both.
- Designated Safeguarding Lead (DSL) or be prepared to undertake the training.
About Heartsease Primary Academy
Heartsease Primary is one of the four Norwich based primary schools that make up The HEART Education Trust. The school is rated “Outstanding” by Ofsted, and has a lively, buzzing environment with pupils who are excited to learn and staff who are excited to teach.
The HEART Education Trust is committed to improving the life-chances of children and young people through excellence in education, encouraging pupils to challenge themselves and hold high aspirations in their academic learning, personal and social development. We encourage pupils within our family of Trust Academies to challenge both the self and externally imposed restrictions, to hold high aspirations for their futures and to develop a thirst for learning. We understand that the way to achieve this is through ensuring consistently high standards of teaching and broad opportunities for learning via a rich and relevant curriculum. Our Trust Academies aim to ensure that our pupils are well prepared to make the most of future opportunities as citizens within an ever changing world.
If you are motivated and excited to join our amazing team and make a lasting difference to young peoples’ lives, we would be delighted to meet you. Ofsted have 3 I’s and so do we… imagination, inspiration and innovation. We are waiting to hear from you!
Complete the attached application form and email to us at email@example.com. Due to Coronavirus, we are unable to offer tours, but please check out our website and facebook pages for Trust and academy news and information.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and the successful candidate will be required to undergo an enhanced D.B.S. and full pre-employment checks. This post is likely to come under the requirements of the Childcare (Disqualification) 2009 Regulations and the successful applicant will be required to complete a declaration form to establish whether they are disqualified under these regulations.
We will take references prior to interview, and all posts are subject to a probationary period.
Application Deadline: 2 January 2021
Interviews: Week commencing 4 January 2021.
Application forms are specific to the Trust and must be requested by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or downloaded below:-