Salary: £14.58 – £15.47 per hour (pay award pending), depending on experience and qualifications; (£28,431.56 – £30,163.04 full time equivalent)
Job Type: 15 hours per week (ideally over 3 days), permanent post, all year round OR term time + 3 weeks (41 weeks)
We are happy to support flexible working to suit the right candidate
Location Primarily working from home, however this is a Trust based role and there will be a requirement to work at Trust Academy sites from time to time for meetings (hot desking facilities are available at our Henderson Green Primary Academy)
Start Date: October 2022
We are looking for a passionate and proactive individual, who is committed to helping our Trust, and ultimately our pupils, succeed. This is a brand new role to further strengthen our HR team and enable the Trust to drive forward, delivering our people vision, strategy and processes. You will champion and lead on employee relations casework, in particular absence management. Wellbeing of our staff is important to us, and we have big ambitions in this area! You will also assist with HR metrics and KPI reporting, along with supporting the wider team and involvement in projects, such as recruitment and policy development.
This is a part time role, and we are open to discuss how the hours could be worked. We think 5 hours across 3 days would work well, but are open to suggestions. It’s really about finding the person with the right skills and experience. Please let us know your preference for working pattern on your application form.
The successful candidate will have:
- CIPD Level 5 qualification or the commitment to work towards (which we will support)
- CIPD Associate membership
- Proven HR experience, particularly of ER casework of 3 to 5 years
- HR experience in the education sector or similar (e.g. health, local authority) working from comprehensive policies and terms and conditions
- The ability to work effectively within a small team, where there is cross over and involvement from others
- Thorough understanding of HR processes, particularly disciplinary and capability procedures, the statutory codes and best practice
- Procedural and compliance orientated approach
- Excellent organisational and communication skills
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and act with discretion and diplomacy
- Confidence and be capable to give advice, and write formal letters
If you are motivated and excited to join our dedicated team and make a lasting difference to young peoples’ lives, we would be delighted to hear from you.
To apply, please complete and return the application form below, to us at: HR@thehearteducationtrust.co.uk.
About The HEART Education Trust
The HEART Education Trust is a Norwich based trust, consisting of 4 Primary schools with approximately 1,000 pupils. The Trust is committed to improving the life-chances of children and young people through excellence in education, encouraging pupils to challenge themselves and hold high aspirations in their academic learning, personal and social development. Our Trust Academies aim to ensure that our pupils are well prepared to make the most of future opportunities as citizens within an ever-changing world.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and the successful candidate will be required to undergo an enhanced D.B.S. and full pre-employment checks. This post is likely to come under the requirements of the Childcare (Disqualification) 2009 Regulations and the successful applicant will be required to complete a declaration form to establish whether they are disqualified under these regulations.
We will take references prior to interview, and all posts are subject to a probationary period.
Application Closing Date: 22 August 2022 Interview Date: w/c 5 September 2022 (or sooner if sufficient applications received)
If you have not had a response by the interview date, please take this as unfortunately, on this occasion, your application has been unsuccessful.