Location: Heartsease Primary Academy, Rider Haggard Road, Norwich NR7 9UE
Salary: £9.50 per hour (pay award pending) (£13,961.67 pro rata; £18,525.00 FTE)
Hours: 32.5 hours per week, 40 weeks per year (i.e. term time plus 2 weeks)
Start Date: 1 September 2022
Heartsease Primary Academy is seeking an Academy Support Assistant to work in its school office, to start 1 September 2022.
This is an exciting opportunity to join a team committed to improving the life-chances of children through education. In this role, you will support the school’s teaching and educational support staff to make sure that our pupils get the high-quality education they deserve. This is your chance to contribute to improving education in Norwich.
Heartsease Primary Academy is part of The HEART Education Trust. You will work with the Academy’s current Academy Support Manager, but also be part of a collaborative working environment that expands across four primary schools.
- A good level of literacy and numeracy
- Grade 4-5/C Maths and English GCSE (or equivalent)
- Previous administrative / secretarial experience, or experience in a school office
- Ability to relate well to children and adults.
- Work constructively as part of a team, understanding school roles and responsibilities and your own position within these.
- Identify your own training and development needs, and work to address these
About the Role
- You will provide a high standard of secretarial, Information Technology and administrative services to the Academy its teachers and pupils and, by working flexibly with other administrative staff across the Trust, ensure that duties are carried out efficiently and effectively.
- You will work 08:30 to 15:30 Monday – Friday with a half an hour lunch break
- You will be given support by the Trust head office, Academy SLT and current Academy Support Manager
- You will be given a high level of CPD and support for career development.
About The HEART Education Trust
The HEART Education Trust is a Norwich based trust, consisting of 4 Primary schools with approximately 1,000 pupils. The Trust is committed to improving the life-chances of children and young people through excellence in education, encouraging pupils to challenge themselves and hold high aspirations in their academic learning, personal and social development. Our Trust Academies aim to ensure that our pupils are well prepared to make the most of future opportunities as citizens within an ever-changing world.
If you are motivated and excited to join our amazing team and make a lasting difference to young peoples’ lives, we would be delighted to meet you. Ofsted have 3 I’s and so do we… imagination, inspiration and innovation. We are waiting to hear from you!
Complete the attached application form and email to us at HR@thehearteducationtrust.co.uk. Please check out our website and facebook pages for Trust and academy news and information.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and the successful candidate will be required to undergo an enhanced D.B.S. and full pre-employment checks. This post is likely to come under the requirements of the Childcare (Disqualification) 2009 Regulations and the successful applicant will be required to complete a declaration form to establish whether they are disqualified under these regulations.
We will take references prior to interview, and all posts are subject to a probationary period.
Application Deadline: 24 June 2022
Interviews: 30 June 2022
Please note, the application window will close sooner than stated if a suitable applicant is found – therefore early applications are encouraged.