Post Vacancy: SEN Teaching Assistants (Level 2) – THE HEART EDUCATION TRUST, NORWICH
Salary: £10.03 hourly rate (£19,563.37 Full Time Equivalent)
Hours: 27.5hrs (+ 2.5hrs MSA role)
Contract Type: This is a Part Time position (term time only plus one additional week)
Fixed term for one year
Start Date: 16 May 2022 or as soon as possible
Location: The HEART Education Trust (Henderson Green Primary Academy, Valley Primary Academy and Lingwood Primary Academy)
We are looking for experienced teaching assistants (must be prepared to undertake a Level 3 qualification in Supporting Teaching and Learning if not already obtained) passionate about special educational needs and inclusion to develop their career further in this area. The role of SEN TA will be working as part of the HEART Education Trust Teaching Support Team (based at one of our 3 academies), supporting the teaching staff in the delivery of quality learning and teaching of pupils with special educational needs. The HEART Education Trust has a reputation for outstanding inclusion and SEND provision and we are looking for someone who shares our passion to join our team to enable us to continue to develop our provision.
If you are a highly motivated professional, committed to providing high quality inclusive education for all pupils and enabling all pupils to achieve their potential, this will be a rewarding role with opportunities for further career development and progression, including the opportunity to undertake specialist SEND training.
You will have:-
- Level 3 qualification in Supporting Teaching and Learning or equivalent (or be prepared to undertake this in your own time)
- Minimum of GCSE grade C (or equivalent) in English and Mathematics
- Previous experience of working with children in the Early Years, Key Stage 1 or 2
- Previous experience of working with children with SEND
- Experience of leading/delivering a range of SEND interventions
- The ability to relate well to children and adults, understanding their needs and being able to respond accordingly
- Good influencing skills
- The ability to work under the direction of the class teacher but also to work independently and use initiative appropriately
If you are motivated and excited to join our amazing team and make a lasting difference to young peoples’ lives, we would be delighted to meet you.
Complete the attached application form and email us at HR@thehearteducationtrust.co.uk. Check out our websites and Facebook pages for academy news and information.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and the successful candidate will be required to undergo an enhanced D.B.S. and full pre-employment checks. This post is likely to come under the requirements of the Childcare (Disqualification) 2009 Regulations and the successful applicant will be required to complete a declaration form to establish whether they are disqualified under these regulations.
We will take references prior to interview, and all posts are subject to a probationary period.