Minibus Driver –
The HEART Education Trust, Lingwood Primary Academy, Station Road, Lingwood NR13 4AZ
Salary: Scale C4 (£9.45 per hour)
Job Type: 15 hours per week, mornings & afternoons
7.45-9.15am & 2.45-4.15pm Monday-Friday (term time only)
Fixed term post until July 2022 (poss. to extend)
Start Date: 21 February 2022
We are looking to appoint a Minibus Driver to join our friendly staff team. Duties will include driving the school minibus to transport staff and pupils safely and responsibly between our Trust academies in Lingwood and Norwich. The role is 15 hours per week, Monday to Friday (term time), working both the morning and afternoon school runs. You will have a friendly, helpful, caring and flexible approach. Applicants must hold a full, clean driving licence and be over the age of 22.
Job Purpose: To drive HET minibus in a responsible and competent
manner, ensuring the safety of the passengers, other road users,
members of the public and yourself at all times.
1. Driving school vehicle
2. Responsible for the safety, comfort and welfare of the children.
3. Carry out driver’s daily and weekly vehicle checks, and to carry out basic maintenance.
4. Report any vehicle defects, faults, incidents and accidents
5. Be responsible for the cleanliness of vehicles, inside and out
6. Ensure the vehicle is in a clean and roadworthy condition before and after use.
7. Refuel vehicles as required.
8. Maintain accurate records of vehicle usage.
9. Maintain and help to promote a good school image, working attire should be worn at all
times and kept in a clean and tidy condition.
10. Work within health and safety guidelines and other guidelines that may be issued from
11. To undertake any other associated duties as required by the Headteacher.
12. Plan alternative road routes to and from school when necessary
13. Supporting with the boarding and alighting of passengers with disabilities.
14. Take the lead during emergency situations to ensure all passengers are safe.
Must have a clean driving licence (held for over 2 years) and be aged over 22 years old.
To be considered for the role please complete the application form below and email to email@example.com.
A full Job Description and Person Specification is also attached below for your reference.