Mini bus driver
Salary Grade C4 – £9.44 per hour
Job Type 15 hours per week
Fixed Term initially for Spring and Summer Term
Reports to Headteacher, Heartsease Primary Academy
Effective Date: 8 March 2021 (or sooner if possible)
Job Purpose: To drive HET minibus in a responsible and competent
manner, ensuring the safety of the passengers, other road users,
members of the public and yourself at all times.
1. Driving school vehicle
2. Responsible for the safety, comfort and welfare of the children.
3. Carry out driver’s daily and weekly vehicle checks, and to carry out basic maintenance.
4. Report any vehicle defects, faults, incidents and accidents
5. Be responsible for the cleanliness of vehicles, inside and out
6. Ensure the vehicle is in a clean and roadworthy condition before and after use.
7. Refuel vehicles as required.
8. Maintain accurate records of vehicle usage.
9. Maintain and help to promote a good school image, working attire should be worn at all
times and kept in a clean and tidy condition.
10. Work within health and safety guidelines and other guidelines that may be issued from
11. To undertake any other associated duties as required by the Headteacher.
12. Plan alternative road routes to and from school when necessary
13. Supporting with the boarding and alighting of passengers with disabilities.
14. Take the lead during emergency situations to ensure all passengers are safe.
Must have a clean driving licence (held for over 2 years) and be aged over 22 years old.
To be considered for the role please complete the application form below and email to email@example.com.
A full Job Description and Person Specification is also attached below for your reference.