Position – Trust Attendance Officer
Start date – 23rd April 2019
We are looking to appoint a Trust Attendance Officer, to deal with pupil attendance across the Trust’s four academies.
This is a part-time role based at The HEART Education Trust. The post is 18.75hrs per week, term-time + 1 on a permanent basis, Salary Scale E – point 18 – 21, £18,431 to £20,541 per annum, pro rata (dependant on qualifications, skills and experience).
We are looking for a passionate and proactive individual who is committed to helping our pupils succeed.
- Advise and assist parents/carers to maintain regular school attendance of their children.
- Communicate clearly to parents/carers the attendance procedures and expectations of the school.
- Collect and analyse attendance data to enable identification and tracking of pupil attendance
- To be responsible for the improvement of attendance throughout the school and to meet or exceed the trust attendance annual targets
- Analyse attendance on our Management information System (Scholar Pack)
- Accurately minute meetings (and where relevant, telephone conversations) with parents/carers
- Monitor and track whole school/trust attendance and punctuality and to send out letters where appropriate
- Produce ½ termly reports for the Head of Quality Assurance (performance)
- Monitor and track the attendance of groups of pupils, particularly those designated as ‘disadvantaged’
- Meet with Headteachers frequently to discuss attendance concerns and strategies.
- Develop and maintain links with parents/children and the local authority’s Educational Welfare Service
- Monitor and ensure that correct attendance codes are entered in class registers and on Scholar Pack
- Schedule and attend school-based meetings with parents/carers as necessary;
- Carry out appropriate administrative duties as required by the Headteacher / Head of Quality Assurance (performance).
About The HEART Education Trust
The HEART Education Trust is committed to improving the life-chances of children and young people through excellence in education, encouraging pupils to challenge themselves and hold high aspirations in their academic learning, personal and social development. We encourage pupils within our family of Trust Academies to challenge both the self and externally imposed restrictions, to hold high aspirations for their futures and to develop a thirst for learning. We understand that the way to achieve this is through ensuring consistently high standards of teaching and broad opportunities for learning via a rich and relevant curriculum. Our Trust Academies aim to ensure that our pupils are well prepared to make the most of future opportunities as citizens within an ever changing world.
The HEART Education Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and the successful candidate will be required to undertake an enhanced DBS disclosure and comply with Child Protection and Safeguarding policies.
Application Deadline: 3pm – 29th March 2019
Interviews: Week beginning 1st April 2019
Application forms are specific to the Trust and must be requested by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org