Post Vacancy: Cover Supervisor at Valley Primary Academy
Salary: Scale E (£12,871.15 – 14,344.44) commensurate on experience and qualifications.
Job Type: This is a permanent post, term time + 1-week 30hours per week.
Start Date: ASAP
About The HEART Education Trust
The HEART Education Trust is committed to improving the life-chances of children and young people through excellence in education, encouraging pupils to challenge themselves and hold high aspirations in their academic learning, personal and social development. We encourage pupils within our family of Trust Academies to challenge both the self and externally imposed restrictions, to hold high aspirations for their futures and to develop a thirst for learning. We understand that the way to achieve this is through ensuring consistently high standards of teaching and broad opportunities for learning via a rich and relevant curriculum. Our Trust Academies aim to ensure that our pupils are well prepared to make the most of future opportunities as citizens within an ever changing world.
Valley Primary Academy is a fully inclusive school which celebrates the uniqueness of all learners so that the pupils develop in to confident individuals who flourish. We are a dedicated team working hard to support pupils to excel and achieve.
We are looking to appoint a cover supervisor who has experience of working across the primary phase – EYFS, KS1 and KS2 – to cover PPA sessions. When not covering classes, you will support Y2 and deliver intervention programs.
We are looking for a passionate and proactive individual who is committed to helping our pupils succeed.
- have experience working across the primary phases
- have experience working with SEN children, delivering intervention strategies and/or speech and language intervention
- have a good level of resilience and determination to raise pupil aspiration
- appreciate the challenges of a diverse school community and a willingness to be part of a highly valued team.
- enjoy working with children and be able to demonstrate the ability to form positive and
supportive relationships with children and adults
- be able to use initiative to support behavioural and learning needs
- be flexible and able to demonstrate the ability to work as part of a team
- be enthusiastic and have a sense of humour
- have good English and maths skills
We can offer you
• A warm, friendly, supportive and dedicated staff team
• Children who respond positively to praise and want to do their best in their learning
• CPD opportunities to train and learn new skills
The HEART Education Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and the successful candidate will be required to undertake an enhanced DBS disclosure and comply with Child Protection and Safeguarding policies.
Application forms are specific to the Trust and must
be requested by emailing
Visits to Valley Primary can be arranged by calling the school directly on 01603 742969
Application Deadline: 3pm – 10th October 2019
Interviews: WC 14th October 2019