Start date – As Soon As Possible
We are looking to appoint a Trust Family Support Worker, to be responsible for overseeing and managing the Family Support Process across the Trust. You will work directly with the academy safeguarding teams and be expected to contribute to the safeguarding process of children across the Trust, working in partnership with families, parents, carers, pupils and other Professionals.
- This is a part-time role
- The post is 20hrs per week, term-time, on a permanent basis
- Salary Scale E, point 9 – 11: £9,214.92 to £9,773.14 per annum, pro rata (£20,916.87 to £22,190.71 FTE) – dependant on qualifications, skills and experience.
We are looking for a passionate and proactive individual who is committed to helping our pupils succeed.
- Champion the rights of the child
- Co-ordinate Family Support Process Assessment and delivery, up to Tier 3 Level
- Promote high levels of engagement from families in the FSP process
- Promote high levels of engagement from external agencies to support each family
- Work collaboratively with parents, schools and external agencies to ensure children have the opportunity to thrive
- Work with the children to ensure that their voice is heard in every process
- Identify, in partnership with parents, their needs for parenting accessing support groups or training opportunities for those wishing to enhance their relationships with their children and deal positively with challenges arising from their complex needs
- Support parents and their children through transitions to ensure continual engagement with school and learning
- Ensure opportunities for all parents to develop their understanding and knowledge of their children’s learning and development
- Encourage good relations and effective dialogue between parents and teachers about children’s progress
- Enable increased opportunities for parental involvement in school life
- Help to identify and support access to alternative learning opportunities where appropriate
- Support schools in developing effective practice for working in partnership with parents
About The HEART Education Trust
The HEART Education Trust is committed to improving the life-chances of children and young people through excellence in education, encouraging pupils to challenge themselves and hold high aspirations in their academic learning, personal and social development. We encourage pupils within our family of Trust Academies to challenge both the self and externally imposed restrictions, to hold high aspirations for their futures and to develop a thirst for learning. We understand that the way to achieve this is through ensuring consistently high standards of teaching and broad opportunities for learning via a rich and relevant curriculum. Our Trust Academies aim to ensure that our pupils are well prepared to make the most of future opportunities as citizens within an ever changing world.
If you are motivated and excited to join our amazing team and make a lasting difference to young peoples’ lives, we would be delighted to meet you. Ofsted have 3 I’s and so do we… imagination, inspiration and innovation. We are waiting to hear from you!
Complete the attached application form and email to us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Due to Coronavirus, we are unable to offer tours, but please check out our website and facebook pages for Trust and academy news and information.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and the successful candidate will be required to undergo an enhanced D.B.S. and full pre-employment checks. This post is likely to come under the requirements of the Childcare (Disqualification) 2009 Regulations and the successful applicant will be required to complete a declaration form to establish whether they are disqualified under these regulations.
We will take references prior to interview, and all posts are subject to a probationary period.
Application Deadline: 10 January 2021
Interviews: Week commencing 11 or 18 January 2021.
Application forms are specific to the Trust and must be requested by emailing email@example.com or downloaded below:-