Post Vacancy: Trust Accounts Payable Assistant
Salary: £12,467.40 pro rata (Scale C4); £17,494 FTE
Job Type: Permanent Part Time – 30 hours per week, school term time plus 3 additional weeks
Start Date: ASAP
Location: The HEART Education Trust, Heartsease Primary Academy, Norwich
Application Deadline: 12th March 2020
Interviews: 18th March 2020
Application forms are specific to the Trust and can be downloaded by clicking on the link below (or requested by emailing: HR@thehearteducationtrust.co.uk). We regret that we cannot accept applications by CV only.
About The HEART Education Trust
The HEART Education Trust is committed to improving the life-chances of children and young people through excellence in education, encouraging pupils to challenge themselves and hold high aspirations in their academic learning, personal and social development. We encourage pupils within our family of Trust Academies to challenge both the self and externally imposed restrictions, to hold high aspirations for their futures and to develop a thirst for learning. We understand that the way to achieve this is through ensuring consistently high standards of teaching and broad opportunities for learning via a rich and relevant curriculum. Our Trust Academies aim to ensure that our pupils are well prepared to make the most of future opportunities as citizens within an ever-changing world.
The Trust’s central finance team supports all four academies and the head office in all matters financial to ensure that the Trust can achieve the aims set out above. The finance team is managed by the Trust’s Chief Operating Officer.
We are looking for a conscientious and self-motivated Accounts Payable Assistant to join the Finance team to start ASAP. The ideal candidate would be someone with previous experience working in finance, but the most important qualities are someone who is conscientious, self-motivated and wants to be part of a friendly, high achieving team.
The role with be based at the Trust’s Head Office at Heartsease Primary Academy, with free on-site parking.
Working as part of the Trust’s central finance team, you will support the Trust’s Finance Manager to carry out the day-to-day financial administration of the Trust.
We are looking for a candidate with experience working with sales and purchases ledgers, who is confident and experienced in using financial software packages.
You will have:
- Minimum of grade C in English and Maths GCSEs
- Experience working with sales and purchase ledgers/accounts payable
- Previous experience of using accounting software such as PS Financials or Sage
- Excellent organisational skills
- Positive attitude and work ethic
- Good communication skills
- Ability to work on own initiative
- Attention to detail
About the Role
Carrying out this role, you will:
- Provide all such support and assistance to the Trust’s Finance Manager to ensure that the central finance system (PS Financials) is maintained daily and used to record all financial and accounting data
- Raise orders for goods, supplies and services for the head office via the PS Financials webportal
- Complete goods received processes for goods, supplies and services for the head office via the PS Financials webportal
- Process all invoices received by the Trust and its academies, ensuring that a corresponding purchase order exists
- Maintain all data records relating to income and expenditure
- Support Academies within the Trust with general financial matters
- Carry out such financial administrative tasks as directed by the Trust’s Finance Manager including filing, scanning, etc.
- Deal with supplier and internal queries via telephone and email
- Making payments via BACS and cheques
- Processing monthly credit card statements
- Adhoc duties as required
The HEART Education Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and the successful candidate will be required to undertake an enhanced DBS disclosure and comply with Child Protection and Safeguarding policies.
Application forms are specific to the Trust and must be completed and returned to: HR@thehearteducationtrust.co.uk. We regret that we cannot accept applications by CV only. Please click on the link below to download an application form:-