Role: Academy Support Assistant
Location: Heartsease Primary Academy, NR7 9UE
Salary Range: £14,941.43 – £15,097.79
Hours: 37.5 hours per week, 41 weeks per year (i.e. Term Time plus 3)
Start Date: ASAP
Heartsease Primary Academy is seeking an Academy Support Assistant in its school office, to start ASAP.
This is an exciting opportunity to join a team committed to improving the life-chances of children through education. In this role, you will support the school’s teaching and educational support staff to make sure that our pupils get the high-quality education they deserve. This is your chance to contribute to improving education in Norwich.
Heartsease Primary Academy is part of The HEART Education Trust. You will work with the Academy’s current Academy Support Manager, but also be part of a collaborative working environment that expands across four primary schools.
- A good level of literacy and numeracy
- Grade C Maths / English GCSE (or equivalent)
- Previous administrative / secretarial experience, or experience in a school office
- Ability to relate well to children and adults.
- Work constructively as part of a team, understanding school roles and responsibilities and your own position within these.
- Identify your own training and development needs, and work to address these
About the Role
- You will provide a high standard of secretarial, Information Technology and administrative services to the Academy its teachers and pupils and, by working flexibly with other administrative staff across the Trust, ensure that duties are carried out efficiently and effectively.
- You will work between 08:00 and 16:00 Monday – Friday with a half an hour lunch break
- You will be given support by the Trust head office, Academy SLT and current Academy Support Manager
- You will be given a high level of CPD and support for career development.
About Heartsease Primary Academy
Heartsease Primary is one of the four Norwich based primary schools that make up The HEART Education Trust. The school is rated “Outstanding” by Ofsted, and has a lively, buzzing environment with pupils who are excited to learn and staff who are excited to teach.
The HEART Education Trust is committed to improving the life-chances of children and young people through excellence in education, encouraging pupils to challenge themselves and hold high aspirations in their academic learning, personal and social development. We encourage pupils within our family of Trust Academies to challenge both the self and externally imposed restrictions, to hold high aspirations for their futures and to develop a thirst for learning. We understand that the way to achieve this is through ensuring consistently high standards of teaching and broad opportunities for learning via a rich and relevant curriculum. Our Trust Academies aim to ensure that our pupils are well prepared to make the most of future opportunities as citizens within an ever changing world.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and the successful candidate will be required to undertake an enhanced DBS disclosure and comply with Child Protection and Safeguarding policies.
Application Deadline: 31 December 2019
Interviews: w/c 6 January 2020
Please note, the application window will close sooner than stated if a suitable applicant is found – therefore early applications are encouraged
Please send completed applications to: email@example.com or by post to
The HEART Education Trust
Heartsease Primary Academy
Rider Haggard Road
Norwich NR7 9UE
If you would like to visit the school, please contact the school office on 01603 307 820